Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lazy Day

I love my family. I really do. It's just that spending extended amounts of time with them make me cringe. I can't handle my sister in doses longer than a few hours. Today was one of those days where I was forced to.

Caitlyn adores her for the most part, so she spent most of her day with Kayla playing. I had to constantly remind them it was not okay to scream indoors. Yes, a 22 year old woman needed reminding of this, in a mall no less.

We also made a trip to the pet store in the mall, I decided it was finally time to get Caitlyn the fish I've been thinking about for months. She picked out the pink fish. I'm not sure of the name. But we got two since it was buy one get one. She has decided to call them "Mama and one little baby" She is right, the smaller follows the larger one around and snuggles up to it all the time. I also found her a medium sized bowl with bright colored stones (hot pink and purple, a few red) and a little neon 'house' for them. She's fed them once and loves them.

The rest of the shopping day was a bit much. Caitlyn was over tired and having fits left and right with no help from my mother and sister, who would much rather just give her things to quiet her down than let her understand it is not okay to yell at her mother. So at this time. I'm tired and frazzled and annoyed but otherwise okay.

So now I'm settling down for some mind-candy and relaxing for the evening. Hoping she'll fall asleep soon.

1 comment:

gardenofsimple said...

haha, well I already talked to you about the fish ;D but I must have missed their names before. That's cute!

I'm the same with my family. Well my mom mostly. My dad I could hang out with for ages.