Thursday, February 25, 2010

Insert Creative Title Here

Welp, all moved. It took 4 trips with my car, my parent's van and my grandpa's truck last Saturday. Things went relatively well until the third trip when my dad and brother started bickering (frankly I'm surprised it took that long, usually it starts right away)

The day started with them arriving at 9am and us still pretty much asleep. Ok, I was a zombie and she was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed that her grammy and grampy and Dustin were coming JUST to see her! (This is her own delusion. I didn't point out that they were moving us so they had an agenda other than seeing her...)

Around about the second or third trip we got things from my bedroom. Imagine my horror when we move the bed and discover the teeniest, tiniest corner of an unmentionable wrapper which caused my brother to sputter and skedaddle for about an hour unable to look at me.

They (dad and brother) destroyed my dvd cabinet I bought about 4 years ago. It was literally on it's last leg so it was ok. Just annoying. I bought something completely different, takes up less space and of course, is crooked. Not to mention as I was putting it together I find this strange looking tether, with directions to tether said shelf to the wall. My exact reaction was to say out loud "Well this inspires oodles of confidence in your product."

This week flew by because naturally, I haven't had much work in about a month until THIS VERY WEEK I put in my normal school hours plus an extra 10 for work, and went back to clean the other place and dealt with a bit of homework (re:10 page test, two tests, no wait three other tests this week) And also, I've been up past 1 every single night just because it's my place and I can now. Plus, free cable is making my brain turn mush. Vh1 reality shows. Hmph.

I did fairly well on all of the tests this week, thankfully. Was planning on visiting my aunt this weekend but my place still looks disastrous, instead of cleaning and unpacking I am blogging. And staring down the home-made playdough mess that someone made on my table. Promising of course to clean it all up. She did not.

So this weekend will be filled with lots of cleaning and organizing. Not to mention my baby's first dentist appointment is tomorrow. *tear* The one earlier this month was canceled because she had the flu and I didn't feel like chancing her throwing up all over the dentist. Though if she gets Dr. Bitchy McWhore the new woman instead of the sweet old man I'm used to I may pray for vomit. We shall see.

1 comment:

gardenofsimple said...

So you're all moved?! yay!