Monday, February 15, 2010

Get Thee to a Nunnery!

Every year I go on a ladies retreat with my friends and family (the family I've claimed as my own that is...) This is the 4th year in a row that I've been able to make it. The Chartreuse Buzzards. It's an entertaining time away from life and it takes place currently at, you guessed it, a convent.

I really needed the time away and to relax for a bit after the hellacious year that I've had, combine divorce with evil whore friends who stab you in the back and you get part of the jist of what I've been through. Still going through.

But for five days I get to leave all that and just be me. Not mommy, not ex-wife, not ex-friend, not student, just me. The me I was before I was all those things. It's nice. Of course coming back to be mommy is nice too :) I miss the pumpkin pie while I'm away, after all!

This year was a Mexican theme. We did some crafts that at some point I will update this post and add pictures once I figure out HOW to do so. And spent a lot of time eating terribly wonderful sweets.

Some of the highlights of this year were playing Buzzword with Kristin, Emily, Kathy (Kristin's actual sister) Meranda (Kristin's roommate and my friend), and Tiffany (cousin of Kristin and Kathy) I grew up with Kristin and Emily.

Things said during the game:
Someone as Kristin's having a fit about losing (it was a SMALL fit) "Kristin! It's OK to lose, you know."
Kristin: "I KNOW I just don't WANT to."

A celebration in Boston with the Buzzword of "Cotton"
Emily shouts out "COTTON Picking!" Kathy also answered these ALL as "Cotton Ball" didn't matter that it had already been used.

Emily misreading "Cows grazing over the hill" As "CROWS grazing over the hill" and a discussion was had about what animals do and do NOT graze.

Meranda mispronouncing "Polish Pope" As the polish the furniture version. Much confusion was had.

Also, we were very nearly hit by a train. There is a lot of bumps near the tracks, combine this with the ice and snow building up and we got stuck, with a train not too far from us slowly starting to back up. Tiffany, Meranda and I got out and pushed the car off the tracks, only by digging our feet into the other set of tracks and pushing as hard as we could as Kristin gunned the engine...she rocked out of the dip slowly only to continue driving down the road with one foot out of the car yelling "WOOO HOOO" and Tiffany, Meranda and I running after her yelling "STOP Kristin, STOP!" for a few dozen feet.

All in all, I am glad to be home but excited for next years retreat at the same time! This time around it is DISNEY themed. Can. Not. Wait. Not to mention the fact that I probably have enough Disney paraphernalia around this joint to decorate a castle. But I always figured having a little girl came with any and all things Disney.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG at the train!!!

The rest of the weekend sounded awesome!!!!

Sara said...

LOL Sounds like an amazing time! The train freaks me out. Glad you guys got it moved!