Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie and a few other things...

I'm on the last few nights in this apartment. Waiting to get everything over to my new place. I've taken a few loads over there and found some random things. I hate that part of moving. I found the scrapbook I made of Josh and I for our wedding. All the "Love never dies" kind of stickers makes my heart hurt. Not because I want him back. Because I don't. But the two kids, and yes, looking at those pictures of us at barely 20 years old it strikes me that we look so young, had a long, bumpy and slightly unfair road ahead of them. But in those pictures, we were in love and couldn't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. Head in the clouds and nothing could go wrong attitude. Not to mention my ridiculous eyebrows. Yikes.

Oh how things change. With a sigh I carefully tucked that scrapbook full of memories into the box I'm saving for Caitlyn when she gets older. She deserves to see those things. They are no longer mine. (Also, much better eyebrows six years later. Jus' sayin')

Fast forward a few minutes and I open another box, to find the letters I'd bought shortly after we were married to hang above the entry way in our new home. It never happened. Those letters, were our last name. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with them because I don't have a need for them and keeping them for Caitlyn when she grows up would be pointless.

I then come home and get a huge paper cut on my finger taking my textbook out of my bag. Realizing I took all my medical supplies to the new place. I text my friend Becky "So I said to myself, "Self, you can take all the bandaids to the new place, what could happen in the next day and a half?" Self is stupid. Huge ass papercut is what could happen. "

She shows up with her kids to help me pack and organize a bit later and hands me a box when she walks in the door. Of bandaids. I had a laugh my butt off moment because it was really unexpected but just another reason why I love her. She's been my rock through out this whole situation and I can't thank her enough.

Bridgette can't stand her (they graduated together) and went off on me the other week about spending time with Becky because I'd had issues with her before. She even went as far to yell "You can HAVE Becky. I don't want her as a friend" I stared at her during the fight thinking to myself "Did you really just GIVE me a friend? What the hell makes you think she wants to be your friend after this anyway?" Mostly I just blinked at her wondering if someone could really be that big of an ass. FYI. They can. Now it's become a joke between Becky and I.

Off to eat my chicken pot pie. I'm not sure what insane person decided celery would be a good idea and potatoes would not but I hate them. A lot.

No comments: