Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today

I spent my evening with Caitlyn. I rented Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. (Somewhere in there I probably got the caps wrong but it's late and I'm on sinus infection drugs. Over the counter. Sleepy kind. I hearts them hardcore.) And took the lazy way out, we had lunchables. Well, she had one and I had a deli creation that was nomtastic (except for the part that they forgot the cheese, which Summer tells me if I complain they will send me a free coupon. I'm debating. Right now I'm two parts lazy one part I-don't-know-where-to-look. We'll see if it shifts.)

Turns out, she's already seen the movie so she had no interest so we colored and spent time watching iCarly and Spongebob while she was upset that she couldn't find Ella Enchanted. Sometime in the past few weeks I'm down about 10-15 movies. I think someone small and blond took them and put them in a much better storage spot other than the DVD shelf. After all, why would the dvd's need to be on a piece of furniture named for them when they can be stored in her kitchen set's refrigerator next to the chocolate Teddy Grahams. Now, why didn't I consider this spot?

This was followed by a fun time at the park before I handed her back to her dad for a few days. She brought her 'pony baby' which for those of you not up on children's toys, is a My Little Pony that looks somewhat like a mutated baby doll and it sings. She has two. I got her one for her birthday that is louder and sings a longer song. Sometimes she sings it under the bed because I hide her. But that is our secret. The other one is a bit more loved, and it's singing and speaking mechanism that is supposed to only go off when you push the button, is wore out. So you look at the wonderful little thing and it begins speaking to you. This is great fun and in no way at all incites an eye twitch and possible violence out of me. I swear.

Well, while she was playing on the equipment I was in charge of the lovely toy, yet another thing named Ella in Caitlyn's life (Our fish, formerly known as Mama, followed by Ratches, is now Ella, she has a cat at her grandparents house named Ella as well. Three guesses to what her favorite movie is.) And I made the mistake of leaving "Ella" on the side of the slide part while helping Caitlyn with other climbing only to be told, "You do not watch babies very well. She likes the stairs. Don't worry. I can teach you how to take care of babies." So she moves the toy farther away, out of sight and promptly runs 100 feet in the opposite direction to play with something else. Leaving me once again in charge of watching her baby "Ella"

Can I just say that while I love spring. I do not, however, love the sinus infection that accompanies any season change. Thank you sinuses for betraying me a few times a year and making me feel like I'm looking through binoculars from the pressure. I can not tell you how much I appreciate this. It's right up there around the wonderful singing toy I hide. If only I could hide the sinus infection, I may like it a bit more.

Hope all of your days are going great!

No comments: