Monday, April 19, 2010

It's Monday

And I feel it. So far:

Caitlyn has faked illness to stay home from daycare and watch cartoons. She claimed a stomachache and since I wasn't really inclined to test it and feel her throw up on my back going 60 miles an hour. I decided to stay home today.

I then inform the mini-liar "No, you can not have candy for breakfast. You can have a bowl of cereal." I take out the cheerios, pour, and look for milk. And look, and look. Oops. I guess in my haste of cleaning out the fridge yesterday I threw away the good milk along with the rotten. Sigh.

"I've got cheese cake flavored yogurt, with graham cracker crumbs!" I tear it open and let her lick the foil and she makes a face. "BUT it's CHEESECAKE FLAVORED!" I insist, thinking, "What the hell is wrong with this child. This is good stuff." Try it again, nothing.

So she gets dry cereal and a stupid candy bracelet. You win some, you lose some.

I inform her then that no, we can't go to the park. She is sick, remember? "I said I was a LITTLE sick. It's gone now!" She insists. "No." This one, I'm sticking too.

She again asks why we can't go and I say, only half joking, "You are a dirty liar."

"I am NOT a DIRTY liar!" and crosses her arms.

"Are you a clean liar?" I'm confused. Mostly she was upset with the dirty part, not the liar part.

"Yes, a very CLEAN liar!" and smiles.

Sigh.

She then finds her erasers shaped like ice cream and gives me the chocolate looking one and says, "If you go to school, then you need this. Look at me. Do you understand?"

I know I use the "Do you understand? Look at me!" a lot. But really, she doesn't need to use it on me!

Let's see how the rest of the day goes.

1 comment:

gardenofsimple said...

hahaha! I wish I had written down all the days like that when my kids were littler. Some day they'll all be very, very funny! :D